Choosing the right industrial absorbents
Use our easy to use industrial Sorbent Selection Guide to help choose the right absorbent for your specific application.
1. Determine the type of liquids to be absorbed.
• Oils, coolants, solvents and water (gray universal)
• Oil, turpentine, oil based liquids (white or blue oil only)
• Aggressive chemicals, acids, bases, and unknown liquids (yellow or green hazmat)
2. Identify your absorbent application.
• Wiping, dripping or foot traffic areas (pads, rolls, socks, and pillows)
• Barrier-backed or heavy traffic areas (mats and rugs)
• Emergency spill response (spill containment and spill kits)
3. Determine the amount of liquid to be absorbed.
• Small (lightweight)
• Medium (middleweight)
• Large (heavyweight)